Being Home

Today was the first day being at home. Weird. Just so weird. No, maybe “weird” is the wrong word; surreal is more like it.

I slept in this morning; not like me. Even the dogs slept in which totally threw me off. I puttered around and then logged in to Google classroom. Phew, Mrs. Marc-Aurele was there! Like her, I’ve been busy emailing and checking in on things. My dogs still can’t figure out why I’m here all day; though they seem to be adjusting. The cats; well, the cats are indifferent to my presence as cats will be. Ian, he’s on Spring Break this week so he’s casually keeping up on his college work and playing video games. We have a fire going and it’s very quiet. I take that back, the dogs are now chasing each other around and wrestling. So much for the quiet.

But, you guys are missing. The hustle and bustle of team 4/5 is missing. The hugs, the chatter, the general good vibes. I miss that already.

As Mrs. Marc-Aurele said, there’s always a silver lining. Now is the time to take care of ourselves. Slow it down but stay focused. Get fresh air and eat good food. Help with chores around the house but tend to your school work too. I think it’s also a time for the earth to heal. She’s been suffering. She needs this quiet time too. Things will look different on the other side of this, and hopefully a lot better. Maybe we’ll all be more mindful of how we treat the earth and each other. Maybe this is like pressing a giant reset button.

So here we are, getting into the flow of remote learning. An exciting and interesting time for all of us. Embrace it and enjoy the ride!

4 thoughts on “Being Home”

1. It is like pressing a big reset button at least you don’t have siblings this is going to be a tough week but I think everyone will survive it!!!

1. Hahahahaha!True, I don’t have siblings but I do have 2 2 year old puppies..they’re like toddlers at this point. We will all definitely survive this and my oh my, won’t we have stories to tell on the other side of this adventure.